Association for Information and Management Science, Nigeria has the following objectives.
- To promote the science and philosophy of techno-managerial profession.
- To publish teaching-learning materials in management and information technology.
- To raise awareness and understanding of all users and information system experts on contemporary issues and latest development information System,
- To create for (such as workshops, conferences and seminars) for exchange of ideas and information among individuals and corporate bodies working in allied field for the advancement of Information Technology and Management education.
- To build skillful and self-reliant information technology and corporate management professionals through I.T entrepreneurial development and innovation.
Activities of AIMS
- Published AIMS NEWSLETTER quarterly and Journal “My AIMS” semi-annually.
- Organized training on courses peculiar to the practice of sound management and I.T
- Permit exchange of information related to the real existence of the Association through books, periodicals, other literary materials, software and films. Established and maintains libraries.
- Encourage advancement of education by facilitating training schemes with other capacity building organizations.
- Promote greater use of information and management science knowledge by individuals, private and public sectors.
- Partake in international and local professional conferences, workshops and exhibitions